A personal interview allows a student to meet directly with a university official or representative of the university or scholarship committee. Preparation is the single most important factor in successful interviews. Your preparation should involve 2 primary components: Knowing Yourself
and Knowing the University
(or program, job, scholarship, etc.).Know yourself
Be prepared to answer the following questions in an interview:
- Skills & Abilities | things you do well
- Personality Tendencies | things that set you apart from other candidates
- Values, Dreams & Passions | things you like
- Tell me a little more about yourself.
- What are 3 of your strengths?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
CHS Counselor Corner
| College & Career Center